Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Final Cut Pro Cut to Rhythm Project



http://hills.ccsf.edu/~agomez41/agomez_rhythm.mov

This is my first attempt at using Final Cut Pro to edit video. The assignment was to find two or more videos and cut back and forth between them according to the rhythm of a song. I chose the song "17 Years" by Ratatat, because it has a solid beat on which to base the videos. The song is rather intense and epic, so I chose videos to express more intense content, namely the juxtaposition of wealth, capitalism, nuclear power and poverty.

In doing this project, I became familiar with using the viewer, canvas and timeline windows to understand which part of the video I was manipulating. I also used basic tools, such as the razor blade and markers, to cut the video sequence to the beat of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment