Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Final Flash Animation

http://hills.ccsf.edu/~agomez41/flash/dog_ball.swf

This is my final flash project, a minute-long movie with two characters, sound effects, music and credits. I started this project by making a storyboard with 12, 5-second scenes. This process helped me to layout what I wanted to include in the entire story and about how long I thought each development in the story would take.

The animating was very slow-going at first, but once I got the hang of how I was going to animate each of my character's bodies, it became a bit easier. I used individual layers for the facial features of both characters (a dog and a ball), so I could make facial expression to show emotion, since I was not using words. I also made use of motion tweens to create the bouncing ball animation, as well as the squash-and-stretch property of animation to make the bouncing believable. I then made another layer for all of the sounds and lined the keyframes up with the character movements.

The story is very simple, involving a dog and a rubber ball. There is a brief conflict, which is resolved at the end to the tune of one of my favorite, up-beat songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment