Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Final Self Portrait


In this self portrait, I combined three items from my life that I have always felt were very important and in some way speak to what is central about me. The first is something I wrote when I was 13 and have had on my wall ever since. The writing is simple and rather formulaic, but it speaks to a basic philosophy of life that I hold, which is to experience all aspects of life freely and with joy. The second item in this self portrait is a pastel drawing that I made when someone asked me to "draw my soul." The red and purple plant-like design is what I came up with, and shows my appreciation of the elegant beauty of living things. The third item in this self portrait is a picture that a friend took of me. She double-exposed a picture of me with one of the ocean, and I like the created effect of me coming out of the ocean. I then used the paint brush to draw a looping line to connect all of these items and to show the order of the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment