Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Final Illustrator Invitation



I made this flyer for my mother's middle school band class, and it will be posted around the school and sent to hundreds of parents and sponsors. My idea was to create a clean, easy to understand flyer that is visually appealing to middle school students. I used a large font with a red fill, thicker stroke, and bulge adjustment to create a Dr. Seuss-esque title that really grabs the eye and evokes a fun feeling. I included a vector image of a saxophone that I found on the web. Using the brush tool, I drew sweeping lines coming out of the saxophone. I then used these lines to type along a path in musical notes and text fonts. To finish off the flyer and add more cohesion, I added a small black-to-white gradient in the corner and tilted it to expand diagonally.

To identify the school and the Band organization, I wanted to create a logo that the band could use for future publications as well. The school's mascot is a panther, so I found a panther vector on the web. I liked this image because it had very clean lines and spaces that text could easily fit along with. Using the same technique as in the flyer, I added musical notes and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment